Sunday, August 2, 2009

Humble Comfort

Well, I'm just sitting here in the San Antonio International Airport waiting on a delayed flight and reflecting on all God has done and is continuing to do in, through and around our lives. The last couple weeks in Tacoma have been pretty awesome. Two weeks ago we met more people at the park than we ever had and had 12 people attend our church service under a tree. It was really cool to get to teach God's word so informally while still sharing truth very passionately and seriously.

This past Friday is where the humble comfort came into play. As I mentioned, I've been in San Antonio, and that meant I would not be in Tacoma for the first time since we've begun work in our new city. I was talking with Becca Hurst, one of our team members, before I left and shared with her that I had mixed emotions about being gone. I was really bummed that I would not get to go to the park and encounter the numerous opportunities to share God's love in physical and verbal ways but I was comforted to know that I am not the church. I can honestly say that even in our beginnings, The Pathway is made up of God's people and the Head Pastor is Jesus Christ. While I know God is using me to plant this missional and local expression of his body, I'm humbled to be reminded that he does not need me. Kelli informed me that we had at least 12 adults this week and God continued to open doors for the gospel and form new relationships between our team and the lost.

It's really pretty cool you know? God doesn't need any of us but he chooses to use us and allows us to experience the joys and the sorrows that come from placing our complete faith in his sovereign and sufficient plan. AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment